[postgis-users] St_boundary and illegal argument exception

Kevin Neufeld kneufeld at refractions.net
Fri Jun 26 19:41:52 PDT 2009

I'm not sure exactly what you are trying to do, but yes, ST_Boundary
does extract linework (aka. the boundary) from a polygon.

SELECT ST_AsText(ST_Boundary('POLYGON((0 0, 1 1, 1 0, 0 0))'::geometry));
          st_astext
 LINESTRING(0 0,1 1,1 0,0 0)
(1 row)

Can you isolate the geometry that is causing you grief?
-- Kevin