[postgis-users] Re: [geos-devel] GEOS 3.1.0

William Kyngesburye woklist at kyngchaos.com
Sun Mar 22 09:19:51 PDT 2009

Libtool reversion!

libtool in GEOS 3.0.3 is 1.5.26

libtool in GEOS 3.1.0 is 1.5.16

This creates a problem compiling a multiple-architecture library on
OSX - libtool is stripping out the -arch and -isysroot flags.  I
believe libtool 1.5.20 is the minimum to support these OSX flags.

This was not a problem when I built 3.1 from SVN in November, r2230.

On Mar 18, 2009, at 12:19 PM, Paul Ramsey wrote:

> The GEOS team is pleased to announce that GEOS 3.1.0 has been pushed
> out the door, cold, wet, trembling and looking for love.
>
> http://download.osgeo.org/geos/geos-3.1.0.tar.bz2
>
> Version 3.1.0 includes a number of improvements over the 3.0 version:
>
> - PreparedGeometry operations for very fast predicate testing.
>  - Intersects()
>  - Covers()
>  - CoveredBy()
>  - ContainsProperly()
> - Easier builds under MSVC and OpenSolaris
> - Thread-safe CAPI option
> - IsValidReason added to CAPI
> - CascadedUnion operation for fast unions of geometry sets
> - Single-sided buffering operation added
> - Numerous bug fixes.
>  http://trac.osgeo.org/geos/query?status=closed&milestone=3.1.0&order=priority
>
> Users of the upcoming PostGIS 1.4 will find that compiling against
> GEOS 3.1 provides them access to some substantial performance
> improvements and some extra functions.

-----
http://www.kyngchaos.com/

"We are at war with them. Neither in hatred nor revenge and with no
particular pleasure I shall kill every ___ I can until the war is
over. That is my duty."

"Don't you even hate 'em?"

"What good would it do if I did? If all the many millions of people of
the allied nations devoted an entire year exclusively to hating the
____ it wouldn't kill one ___ nor shorten the war one day."

<Ha, ha> "And it might give 'em all stomach ulcers."

- Tarzan, on war