[postgis-users] when setting up postgis libs, "could not find function "topologypreservesimplify"" in "...liblwgeom.so"

Michael Billmire mgbillmi at mtu.edu
Tue Mar 24 06:38:20 PDT 2009

Thanks for the response, Paul. Yes, I had remembered to do 'make install'.

I did find a workable solution, though, so I wanted to post it for the sake of future users who may have similar problems. Basically, I just went into the 'lwpostgis.sql' file and commented out the lines that called the 'topologypreservesimplify' function and everything then compiled nicely.  Hopefully that function isn't integral to PostGIS functionality! The comments at that line specify that GEOS > 3.0.0 is needed for this function, but I have 3.0.3, so I'm still unsure why the error was occurring in the first place.

Anyways, all is well for now.

-Mike