[postgis-users] Conversion of Lambert72 to WGS84 and vice-versa

Paragon Corporation lr at pcorp.us
Sun May 3 23:45:06 PDT 2009

Guy,

I'm not sure what Geotools uses, but ogr2ogr and PostGIS both use the proj4
library.  So the differences between ogr2ogr and PostGIS there might be how
you are calling them or the data files they are using.  So short answer they
should all be about the same accuracy assuming you are really using the same
projections and all the files needed are in place.

As far as whether geotools is better than proj4, I have no clue though I
assume it depends on what transforms you are trying to do.

What does your command line statement and calls look like for each?
What kind of discrepancy are you seeing?

Hope that helps,
Regina