[postgis-users] more centos install troubles

Paul McCullough paul.mccullough at sfgov.org
Wed May 20 08:23:48 PDT 2009

Steve,

Thanks - that solved the problem of getting the postgres devel package
and I got all the way through the postgis install.

I am now stuck on this step:
> psql -f /usr/share/lwpostgis.sql -d sfmaps
As odd as it sounds, I appear to be missing lwpostgis.sql.
> find / -name lwpostgis.sql -print
returns nothing.
This command...
> find / -name spatial_ref_sys.sql -print
/tmp/postgis-1.3.6/spatial_ref_sys.sql
tells me that even the spatial_ref_sys.sql is only in the build directory,
even after configure, make, make-install.

Any thoughts?
Thanks.
Paul