[postgis-users] Postgis upgrade

Mark Cave-Ayland mark.cave-ayland at siriusit.co.uk
Fri May 22 06:25:26 PDT 2009

Mateusz Naskręt -GEOPOZ- wrote:

> So you think that best way is to make single dump for every
> table/sequence ? How to do that if i have lots of tables (about 500),
> views and sequences ? And how to dump user functions ?

For such a large number of tables, no. I'd go for option 2.

> I am not sure if my description in first email was clear enough. For
> every function from list (and only them):
>
>     public.asgml(geometry, integer, integer)
>     public.asukml(geometry, integer, integer)
>        public.asukml(geometry, integer)
>        public.asukml(geometry)
>        public.st_pointn(geometry)
>

> i have same error:  missing "$libdir/liblwgeom.so.1.2". So something
> like that:
>
>   CREATE FUNCTION asgml(geometry, integer, integer) RETURNS text
>      AS '$libdir/liblwgeom.so.1.2', 'LWGEOM_asGML'
>      LANGUAGE c IMMUTABLE STRICT;
>    ERROR:  could not access file "$libdir/liblwgeom.so.1.2": No suchfile
> or directory
>

> I was looking to file lwpostgis.sql - and there are no such functions !
> (asukml at all, asgm and st_pointn exist but with different arguments) .

Hmmm are you sure that you've uninstalled PostGIS 1.2.x? Is there
actually a liblwgeom.so.1.2 in the PostgreSQL lib directory?

> Another question. Is there a way to check if my Postgis is ok after
> upgrade ?

No official way at the moment, other than running the regression tests.

HTH,

Mark.

PostgreSQL - PostGIS
http://www.siriusit.co.uk