[postgis-users] Is PostGIS for me?

Vernon vwu at vicina.info
Fri May 29 14:30:22 PDT 2009

After having been used PostgreSQL for some years, I just learn the PostGID
lately. Currently, I need to solve a street address and distance problem
which is to find out the distance between to given street address (or well
know location as such the city hall in a city) or to find out whether a
street address is inside of a given distance from another street address.
I am wondering whether PostGIS can help me to solve the problem or not. I
understand I first need to convert a street address into a pair of
latitude and Longitude.