[postgis-users] Postgis concurrence question

Fernando Tong nandorov at gmail.com
Wed Nov 11 12:28:26 PST 2009

Hello Kiril,

I'm afraid i'm not using a connection pooling, just an static way to load
the drivers

public class PgSQLDBConn {

static {
 try {
Class.forName("org.postgresql.Driver");

 } catch (Exception e) {
System.out.println(e.getMessage());
}
 }

public Connection getConnection() {
Connection connection = null;
 try {
connection =
DriverManager.getConnection("jdbc:postgresql://localhost:5432/db_gpstracker","MYUSER","MYPWD");
 } catch (Exception e) {
System.out.println(e.getMessage());
}
 return connection;
}
}

I call the method getConnection each time i want to connect to the database,
execute the statements and then i close the connection (repeat each time i
receive some data from the GPS device)

Best regards

Fernando