[postgis-users] Postgis concurrence question

Kirill Zinov kirill.zinov at gmail.com
Thu Nov 12 00:01:13 PST 2009

Hello Fernando,

Looks like something has not been released after you closed connection.
This may happen due to java native. I mean garbage collector approach to
free the objects. If you'll use a proper connection pool it will take
care of the connections re-usage and will speed up your application.

When I began my Java coding I tried a low level approach too. Thanks to
my friend with strong skills in j2ee, I have realized the benefits from
Hibernate and other frameworks faster.

Take a look at Hibernate: https://www.hibernate.org/

There is a spatial extension: http://www.hibernatespatial.org/

I didn't try spatial extension as I wrote before. Even if you will
decide not to use Hibernate, I suggest you read a few good articles
about connection pooling. It's a faster way to post/get data because of
the connections re-usage. Actually this is a de facto standard in Java
world.

Kirill,