[postgis-users] Why can't PostGIS ./configure find libgeos_c ??

kreshna_iceheart at yahoo.com kreshna_iceheart at yahoo.com
Tue Nov 17 04:19:57 PST 2009

Ah yes, almost forgot. I'm using PostGIS 1.4.0 and Geos 3.1.1. My linux version is CentOS release 4.2 (Final).

I followed the Geos installation from MapServer's Verbose Linux Installation (http://marwp.cla.umn.edu/gis/docs/verbose_install.html), and everything went well. I also ran postgis isntaller from /usr/local/postgresql-8.3.5/contrib/postgis-1.4.0.

What's wrong?