[postgis-users] Why can't PostGIS ./configure find libgeos_c ??

Mark Cave-Ayland mark.cave-ayland at siriusit.co.uk
Tue Nov 17 06:15:24 PST 2009

kreshna_iceheart at yahoo.com wrote:

> Ah yes, almost forgot. I'm using PostGIS 1.4.0 and Geos 3.1.1. My linux version is CentOS release 4.2 (Final).
>
> I followed the Geos installation from MapServer's Verbose Linux Installation (http://marwp.cla.umn.edu/gis/docs/verbose_install.html), and everything went well. I also ran postgis isntaller from /usr/local/postgresql-8.3.5/contrib/postgis-1.4.0.
>
> What's wrong?

The first thing I'd try is to re-run configure with an LDFLAGS prefix
like this:

LDFLAGS=-lstdc++ ./configure ... ....

If that doesn't work then you'll need to look at config.log which is
generated when you run configure. Note that if it's large, it makes more
sense to upload the contents onto a pastebin somewhere and send just the
link to the list.

HTH,

Mark.

PostgreSQL - PostGIS