[postgis-users] incorrect restore from pg_dumpall

Tomas Lanczos lanczos at t-zones.sk
Fri Nov 27 16:26:56 PST 2009

Hello,

I am trying to restore my databases stored by a pg_dumpall command in
the Karmic Koala box. The restore command is the following:

psql -f /media/disk/.../backup -U postgres

I have a PostsgreSQL 8.4 installed from repositories and postgis1.4.1
compiled from source code.
I recognized that the tables with spatial geometries were not restored
but at the moment I am almost sure  that it's caused by that the older
version of postgis in the stored database. What is a kind of mystery for
me that data in several tables were not restored, although the table
definitions did (it means that I got several tables without data)
althoug the data are there in the backup file (I checked physically). I
really don't understand what's going on there, I did the same many times
before, without any problem.

So, my question is how to override the problem with restoring the
spatial geometry tables and also the empty table problem (I know that
this is a bit off-topic on this list, but if somebody had the same
experience ...)

Tomas

p.s.: sorry for the eventual crossposting