[postgis-users] incorrect restore from pg_dumpall

Paragon Corporation lr at pcorp.us
Fri Nov 27 20:44:53 PST 2009

Tomas,
The name of the library file changed between postgis 1.3 and postgis 1.4.
With that said, I suspect

 You just have the new 1.4 installed on your box and not the 1.3

2 choices (well actually I see 3 but the third option is not desirable since
it requires upgrading your old box)
I see
A)1) Create new databases with same name you are trying to restore and
install PostGIS 1.4 in them
 2) Restore your dump backup on top of that (hopefully your dump will not
try to drop databases first - if it does you might need to manually remove
those commands in it)

B) 1) Install PostGIS 1.3 on your new box
2) Reload the backup
3) Upgrade each db after that using the included PostGIS 1.4 upgrade script

Now why your other tables are failing I don't know.  If you have referential
integrity constraints in place I suppose that could cause the problem.

Leo