[postgis-users] real noob question about moving a table from public to another schema

Paragon Corporation lr at pcorp.us
Sat Oct 10 06:00:36 PDT 2009

Bruno,
If you are using postgis 1.4+, you can run the populate_geometry_columns
functions.

The only thing to be cautious of is that if you specify it without a table
argument -- it will delete all entries in the geometry_columns table and
rebuild from the constraint definitions or by inspecting the tables/views
that lack constraints but have geometries.

http://www.postgis.org/documentation/manual-svn/Populate_Geometry_Columns.ht
ml

This is generally okay as it will also take care of views too, but you may
end up with more entries than you bargained for and may be a bit slow if you
have a huge database with many geometry tables that lack spatial
constraints.

Hope that helps,
Regina