[postgis-users] Starting QGis application development in Windows XP

Henri De Feraudy feraudyh at yahoo.com
Mon Oct 19 06:44:54 PDT 2009

Hello,
  I was a C programmer for many years, but havent done any for 10 years.
  I did dabble in C++, but never developped anything serious.
  I did work seriously on C# for two years, quite recently.

  I'm back into some development (on QGis) and have no experience with Qt or any other development environment in Windows other than Visual Studio.

Now I want to develop with FOSS tools. Which C compiler would you recommend I get? Should I develop with MinGW or CygWin? Can I have both installed on the same machine.
Thankyou
Henri