[postgis-users] postgis.sql

Mark Vantzelfde netmasters.ma at gmail.com
Thu Sep 10 02:45:38 PDT 2009

Mark, not sure what you mean by "tweak your PostgreSQL startup script".
Happy to try that if I did.

I copied the postgis-1.4.so lib from my PostGIS build area to
/opt/PostgreSQL/8.4/lib/postgresql. No help

I checked and the geos/proj.4 libs appear to be in /usr/local/lib.

I set
LD_LIBRARY_PATH=/usr/PostGIS/postgis-1.4.0/postgis:/usr/local/lib:/usr/lib
No help

I am running on Linux CentOS 5.3, if that might make a difference.

Mark

On Thu, Sep 10, 2009 at 5:34 AM, Mark Cave-Ayland <
mark.cave-ayland at siriusit.co.uk> wrote:

> Mark Vantzelfde wrote:
>
>  BEGIN
>> psql:postgis.sql:53: NOTICE:  type "spheroid" is not yet defined
>> DETAIL:  Creating a shell type definition.
>> psql:postgis.sql:53: ERROR:  could not load library
>> "/opt/PostgreSQL/8.4/lib/postgresql/postgis-1.4.so <http://postgis-1.4.so>":
>> libgeos_c.so.1: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory
>> psql:postgis.sql:59: ERROR:  current transaction is aborted, commands
>> ignored until end of transaction block
>>

> Remember that the various .so libraries need to be visible to the server at
> runtime, not just at build time. So you can either tweak your PostgreSQL
> startup script to include a LD_LIBRARY_PATH=/usr/local/lib declaration
> (assuming you used the defaults when you built GEOS/PROJ.4), or tweak
> /etc/ld.so.conf with the relevant locations and then re-run ldconfig.
>

> HTH,
>
> Mark.
>
> --
> Mark Cave-Ayland - Senior Technical Architect
> PostgreSQL - PostGIS
> Sirius Corporation plc - control through freedom
> http://www.siriusit.co.uk
> t: +44 870 608 0063
>
> Sirius Labs: http://www.siriusit.co.uk/labs

Mark Vantzelfde