[postgis-users] Import ESRI shapefiles into PostGIS

Ben Madin ben at remoteinformation.com.au
Thu Sep 10 18:42:40 PDT 2009

G'day,

As a start (and as noted in your previous post), the shp2pgsql program
writes a SQL file which you then need to import into postgres - so it
is a two stage process - but it is well covered in the manual, so it
sounds like something is going wrong.

Maybe you could include a copy of what you have done, and what output
happened when you tried it. Also, are you on windows or *nix? What
versions of the software are you using? And what projection do you
want the data to be in?

cheers

Ben

--