[postgis-users] PostgreSQL 8.3.8 and 8.4.1 out

P Kishor punk.kish at gmail.com
Sun Sep 13 15:23:37 PDT 2009

On Sun, Sep 13, 2009 at 12:31 AM, Paragon Corporation <lr at pcorp.us> wrote:
> Just in case some people don't know.
>
> PostgreSQL 8.3.8 and 8.4.1 came out last week and while they are mostly
> security bug fixes, they do include some speed enhancements.

I have PostGIS 1.4/PostGres 8.4. What is the recommended way of
upgrading this combo? Do I have to recompile PostGres and then PostGIS
again? Do I have to rebuild my databases? Is there a
tutorial/knowledgebase article on the various upgrade paths possible?

Puneet Kishor http://www.punkish.org
Carbon Model http://carbonmodel.org