[postgis-users] Postgresql crashing while using Postgis 1.4 on Postgresql 8.4

Paul Ramsey pramsey at cleverelephant.ca
Wed Sep 16 14:42:57 PDT 2009

Emilie,

We need to figure what function is taking down the server. First
remove the ST_IsValidReason from the query and see if it crashes. Then
try with only the ST_IsValidReason. Now you know which function is the
problem.

Next, we need to know what data is causing the problem. Do a binary
search in your data (use a WHERE clause to restrict to just the first
half. Then the second half. Repeat the process on the half that causes
the crash. Keep going until you get to a minimum set of data that
causes a crash. now create a new table with just that data, dump it,
and send it to me.

Thanks!

Paul

On Wed, Sep 16, 2009 at 2:37 PM, Emilie Laffray