[postgis-users] splitting a PostGIS db across multiple disks

Ben Madin lists at remoteinformation.com.au
Tue Apr 6 08:22:54 PDT 2010

Puneet

I'd wonder if a view can do it off multiple tables ? Having said that, you might want to check the archives for inheritance. I recall someone ?Leo? mentioning something similar when I was talking about keeping an archive table without the current data, but being able to look up data from both as a way of dealing with Change of Support issues. I think you can have an inherited table with no data inheriting from a number of tables. You can stop the query searching all tables by having constraints on them - maybe they could reflect bounding boxes?

cheers

Ben