[postgis-users] st_union

Martin Davis mbdavis at refractions.net
Tue Apr 13 09:05:07 PDT 2010

PostGIS (actually GEOS, which mirrors JTS) doesn't use a tolerance
during geometry union operations.  It's possible that Arc does, which is
why you're seeing a difference.

What this indicates is that your data is not 100% cleanly noded.  You
could try snapping all your data to a small-size grid - that can
sometimes fix problems of this sort.  Although it may also introduce
gaps...