[postgis-users] Postgis Availability on Website or Cloud?

Bob Pawley rjpawley at shaw.ca
Sat Apr 17 13:31:37 PDT 2010

Hi

I am developing a PostgreSQL/PostGIS application (Geometric not Geographic).

I want to have the database on the web with a desktop user interface and viewer.

The usual method is to install a PostgreSQL server on a website and go from there.

However, seeking a more flexible approach, I would like to explore other possibilities.

Is anyone aware of a PostgreSQL/PostGIS installation, either as a website or cloud based system, that allows users to access, install and run single or multiple databases, and be charged accordingly?

It would be something like having an "on demand" database capability.

Is this a service that would be useful to others?

Bob