[postgis-users] Routing with POSTGIS question

bdair2002 bdair2002 at gmail.com
Sun Aug 15 11:53:59 PDT 2010

Hello Guys,

I have used pgrouting with postgis, but I have noticed, when I downloaded
the maps from openstreemaps, I have noticed they don't use "segments for the
street" meaning, the street has the same name in each intersection, and no
start and end for the street.

My question is there a way to calculate the route when the table do not have
start/ end point for each edge in the street? or should I convert it using
pgrouting to make a road network? and how does cloudmade calculate their
routes if they don't have Edge points?

Thanks in advance.