[postgis-users] error in the installation of PostgreSQL/PostGIS

Paragon Corporation lr at pcorp.us
Tue Aug 17 21:33:50 PDT 2010

Dany,

May we ask, why are you trying to install such an ancient version of
PostgreSQL and also which version of PostGIS are you trying to compile?

PostgreSQL 8.0.0 is no longer supported on windows.  The lowest version
supported we believe is 8.2.

Only very ancient versions of PostGIS even run on 8.0.0.

As far as Msys/MingW goes, the below link has the latest compile
instructions.  We try to keep these instructions up to date with each
release of PostGIS.

http://trac.osgeo.org/postgis/wiki/UsersWikiWinCompile

Hope that helps,
Regina and Leo