[postgis-users] Raster to Polygon vector cell

Pierre Racine Pierre.Racine at sbf.ulaval.ca
Mon Aug 23 06:18:25 PDT 2010

Andreas,

This is one of the operation WKT Raster was made for. See the tutorial:

http://trac.osgeo.org/postgis/wiki/WKTRasterTutorial01

You will need to compile (if you are on Linux) or install (on Windows) the WKT Raster PostGIS extension. You import your shapefiles, you import your raster, then you do the proper query.

Pierre