[postgis-users] How to save point in format system.byte[] into table

Zack Mawar yes_1974 at yahoo.com.sg
Mon Aug 23 20:03:18 PDT 2010

Hello...

I am using ASPMAP for my mapping and when I create a shape object it's will save into shape.shapedata. This shape.shapedata are system byte where if I pull a data it looks like this:-

(0) 01
(1) 03
(2) 002 and so on

While I am trying to save this object into table like this syntax

Dim Conn As New Npgsql.NpgsqlConnection("Server=localhost;" + ("Database=pgadmin;" + ("User ID=postgres;" + "Password=user;")))
        Conn.Open()

        Dim sql As String = "UPDATE m_mer_pers_hd SET mp_map_status = '" & YesNo & "' , the_geom = ST_GeogFromWKB('" & shape.shapedata & "') WHERE mp_id = '" & StoreID & "'"
        Dim cmd As Npgsql.NpgsqlCommand = New NpgsqlCommand(sql, Conn)
        cmd.ExecuteNonQuery()
        Conn.Close()

error come out "column shape not found"

I now lost of direction of this problem. If someone who know regarding this matter please help me. It's very urgent to solve it.