[postgis-users] Signal 11

Paul Ramsey pramsey at opengeo.org
Tue Dec 21 08:51:49 PST 2010

This sounds similar to a very very very old problem we had when first
hooking up GEOS to PostGIS, which was that the C++ exceptions would
not be caught, no matter what we did. At some point it seemed like the
compilers caught up to what we wanted and things started working. But
in the interim period before then we found that we could force it to
work by including libstdc++ in the link line when we built PostgreSQL
and PostGIS. (LDFLAGS=-lstdc++ ./configure --etc...)

The directions for doing that still live on in the README files of
some of the older releases (pull 1.1, for example).

Might or might not be the problem.

Paul