[postgis-users] digit problem about sql file.

Ben Madin lists at remoteinformation.com.au
Thu Feb 4 00:18:37 PST 2010

Kevin,

I suspect this is mainly an artefact of floating-point numbers, and the conversion to and storage of these points in binary format.

As an aside I also notice that your shp2pgsql command didn't include a -s flag - so you haven't defined a spatial reference system for your data. This may be fine (if it is arbitrary cartesian coordinates), but it may (I'm not sure) have implications for the storage of these values.

I'm sure others will be able to help out more.

cheers

Ben