[postgis-users] Postgis db for vehicle tracking ?

Smith Roman autisi at yahoo.com
Mon Jan 11 04:16:54 PST 2010

Hi everyone,
I intend developing a vehicle tracking system with post gis as back end. The database will have a road layer, poi layer and a layer to represent moving vehicles whose objects change in real time. Two applications will be developed for the system. The first application will update the locations of vehicles in real time, the second app will be web based and having viewing and routing capabilities. My questions are as follows
1. Which jdbc code is best to do the updates ? eg  plain postgis jdbc, geotools, hibernate spatial etc
2. My application is expected to also have routing capabilities. This means that I will have to use pgrouting. Which jdbc code is best suited for this ?
I intend using geomajas to develop the web based front end.
Thanks,
Roman.
Smith.