[postgis-users] Postgis installation

Oscar Zamudio cmntlk at gmail.com
Wed Jan 13 05:15:23 PST 2010

Hi everybody. I'm a newbie and trying to use PostGIS with PostgreSQL in
Windows. I installed PostgreSQL 8.3 and also PostGIS 1.3.6 using the
Application Stack Builder. Spatial queries are working fine but I have some
doubts about the PostGIS configuration. Where can I find the SPATIAL_REF_SYS
Table for example, or the GEOMETRY_COLUMNS table? At the time I was
installing the PostGIS extension I didn't check the creation of a postgis
database. I guess postgis database contains the tables that I'm looking for.
Am I wrong?
I was thinking in reinstall the PostGIS 1.3.6 and create the postgis
database but I don't know how, as the Application Stack Builder doesn't
allow me to do that. Can anybody help me? Thanks in advance