[postgis-users] Postgis installation

Nicklas Avén nicklas.aven at jordogskog.no
Wed Jan 13 05:33:34 PST 2010

Hallo Oscar You can spatially enable any database by loading and running lwpostgis.sqlandspatial_ref_sys.sql for instance in pgAdmin I think that's the right name of the files for your version and you can find them in :C:\Program files\PostgreSQL\8.3\share\contribor something corresponing on your system.Probably you will have to remove the lines with "vacuum" in the spatial_ref_sys.sql before running. That issue shoud be fixed in upcoming PostGIS 1.5 But if you have the possibility you probably want to upgrade both database and postgis. Latest stable now isPostgreSQL 8.4.2 and PostGIS 1.4. Hopefully in a couple of weeks PostGIS 1.5 will be released. Hope that helpsNicklas