[postgis-users] Postgis installation

Oscar Zamudio cmntlk at gmail.com
Wed Jan 13 05:50:58 PST 2010

Thanks Nicklas,
Maybe I did not expressed my questions very well. I already have a database
with PostGIS enabled and I am working well with it. I installed PostGIS
1.3.6 in PostgreSQL as I mentioned using the App. Stack Builder.
My problem is that now I want to check some PostGIS features as Reference
systems because I need to measure distances etc.. As I'm reading the
manuals, I learned about the existence of a SPATIAL_GEOMETRY_COLUMNS table
(or example) that I didn't find in my installation nor in my customer
installation. I used to see in another installation a database with the name
"postgis" so I thought that maybe in that database (that I guess is a master
database for PostGIS extension) I would find the tables that mention hte
manuals.
As I made a mistake in the original installation of PostGIS (didn't check
the creation of "postgis" database) I want to reinstall it and this time
check that option. How can I make this reinstallation and more important:
can I do this without affecting my own PostGIS enabled database I already
created in PosgreSQL?
I certainly cannot update now to the last version of PostgreSQL and PostGIS
because my customer use this configuration and I don't want to push them now
to make these changes.
Regards