[postgis-users] Questions about using SRID not -1

ibrahim saricicek ibrahimsaricicek at gmail.com
Wed Jan 20 23:07:52 PST 2010

Hi;

No you can change projection any time you want, the point on your table is;
You have objects in different projections but in one table. You have to find
which objects are 4326 projection, and which are not...

Another method may be;

Select st_xmin(the_geom), st_ymin(the_geom) from mypoints

if the coordinates differ from -->

Longitude
 180 W   = -180
 180 E   =  180

Latitude
  90 N   =   90
  90 S   =  -90

Namely your x not between -180 and 180 and y not between -90 and 90, the
objects are in an another projection.

I mean firstly try to differ different projected objects..

Regards,
IBO...