[postgis-users] RE Importing shapefiles to PostGIS

Steve.Toutant at inspq.qc.ca Steve.Toutant at inspq.qc.ca
Thu Jan 21 08:16:57 PST 2010

Here is an example

shp2pgsql -s 4326 -I -S yourshppath\yourshapefile schema.tablename >
yourshppath\import.sql
psql -d database -U username -f yourshppath\import.sql
You could send your command so will see what is wrong

Shreerang Patwardhan
<patwardhan.shreerang at gmail.com>@postgis.refractions.net
Envoyé par : postgis-users-bounces at postgis.refractions.net
21/01/2010 10:59 AM
Veuillez répondre à
PostGIS Users Discussion <postgis-users at postgis.refractions.net>

postgis-users at postgis.refractions.net
cc

Objet
[postgis-users] Importing shapefiles to PostGIS

Hey all,
     I am new to using PostgreSQL and PostGIS. I am using Ubuntu 9.04 and
PostgreSQL 8.4 and PostGIS 1.4. I wish to upload some TIGER shapefiles to
PostGIS. I have been trying to do this using the shp2pgsql command, but am
not clear with exact sequence of steps that I need to follow. Please help
me folks!! This is urgent and any help would be greatly appriciated!...

Thanx,
postgis-users mailing list
postgis-users at postgis.refractions.net