[postgis-users] RE Importing shapefiles to PostGIS

Shreerang Patwardhan patwardhan.shreerang at gmail.com
Thu Jan 21 08:50:56 PST 2010

Hello Steve,

    Frankly speaking, I am an absolute new-bie to GIS. So, I'll tell you
what all I have done. I have installed PostgreSQL 8.4.2 using the one click
installer on Ubuntu 9.04. Then I installed PostGIS 1.4. I created a database
using pgadmin and then used the two command s you have stated. But, I
sometimes get an error and sometimes I get an output which I do not know if
it is correct or not. I am working on California State TIGER/Line
shapefiles. Can you please send me the screen shots of what the output of
the 2 commands will look like? Please. I need to get over with this task as
soon as possible as. This is urgent!!

Thanx,
Shreerang.