[postgis-users] error updating multipoint: violates check constraint enforce_geotype

Biddy newskatze at riomhphost.net
Wed Jul 7 02:37:04 PDT 2010

Hi,

Nicolas, thanks for your response.
I would hope that my query returns multipoints. At least it always has
in the test runs. For some reason when I let it run on our large
dataset, it doesn't work.

As a test I decided to skip that one troublesome column and load the
other points. But I get the same error for a different column now. On
a dataset of roughly 960k rows, I got the error 8 times.
I load data into several multipoint columns. For example, I have one
column that stores long, lat and alt as groups of multipoints with 1k
points per multipoint and then another column that stores x,y and z as
groups of multipoints with 1k points per multipoint. I have 6 of those
multipoint columns.

I am not sure if an ST_Multi around the ST_Union would do anything.

Does anybody have any ideas????

Any help is greatly appreciated, as I don't understand why this is
happening at all!!

B.