[postgis-users] How to expand a bounding box around a point and get coordinates?

Joel Pearson japearson at agiledigital.com.au
Sun Jul 11 23:54:20 PDT 2010

Hi,

How do I go about expanding a bounding box around a point by 3km and then
getting the coordinates of that bounding box?

I know how to search for points within a 3km box like so:

WHERE ST_DWithin(ST_Transform(sub.centroid_geom,
32755),ST_Transform(suba.centroid_geom, 32755), 3000)

But I don't know how to get the coordinates of the box.

I need to find the coordinates so I can make calls to the Google Maps
Geocoding Api, but to tell it to focus it's results within the bounding box.
 So I would need the North East Longitude/Latitude and the South West
Longitude/Latitude from the Bounding Box.

I'm sure it's simple, but I just can't figure out how to do it.

Cheers,

-Joel

--
Joel Pearson