[postgis-users] 'Clustering' records in space and time

Dylan Beaudette debeaudette at ucdavis.edu
Thu Jul 15 12:09:54 PDT 2010

Hi,

Can you give us some hints about your data?

1. how many records
2. temporal domain (i.e. 1 year?)
3. spatial domain (local, regional, continental?)

If you don't have too much data, you may be able to standardize them, and
apply an algorithm like PAM, or CLARA (see cluster package in R).

Cheers,
Dylan