[postgis-users] Error loading lwpostgis.sql

Michael A. Peters mpeters at shastaherps.org
Fri Jul 16 17:06:37 PDT 2010

I'm using CentOS 5.4 up to patch level. Pretty much stock CentOS + EPEL.
Only have updated php which shouldn't effect postgresql and a gnome
library that had a bug (and there I patched the src.rpm, same version as
stock). I usually don't like to replace vendor provided stuff.

postgresql-8.1.11-1.el5_1.1
postgis-1.3.2-1.el5

It's a 32-bit install if it matters.

As the postgres user I run the following command:

psql -d shastaherps -f /usr/share/pgsql/contrib/lwpostgis.sql 2> error.log

In error.log I find the following:

psql:/usr/share/pgsql/contrib/lwpostgis.sql:2356: ERROR:  language
"plpgsql" does not exist

That is then followed by a bunch of "current transaction is aborted"
messages.

Is there a step I missed?

-----
Michael A. Peters