[postgis-users] Union fails on 2389 linestrings.

Nicolas Ribot nicolas.ribot at gmail.com
Tue Jul 27 07:27:24 PDT 2010

> ST_IsValid returns true for all of them.  I'll try reducing the
> precision slightly, though I'm later going to do point-in-poly checks
> against some other original input data and the reduced precision will
> increase the chances of inaccurate results.

Ok,
I'm wondering if using the notice message could be used in conjunction
with linear referencing functions to add the missing point to the
failing linestring(s):

1- identify failing linestrings (or offending coordinates, then
finding the closest linestring to this point)
2- complete these linestrings with new points built from coordinates
3- relaunch the union procedure.

Though I've never done this.

Nicolas