[postgis-users] Strategies for rapid application development using PostGIS

Pierre Racine Pierre.Racine at sbf.ulaval.ca
Fri Jul 30 07:46:06 PDT 2010

I would suggest to do everything with SQL views and pl/pgSQL functions. From what I read, ORM seems to add an unnecessary, inefficient layer unless you want to get involved in complex OO design and develop a portable solution (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Object-relational_mapping).

My two cents.

Pierre