[postgis-users] Unable to build PostGIS 1.4.2 on MacOS 10.6.4

Paul Ramsey pramsey at opengeo.org
Wed Jun 23 17:26:49 PDT 2010

OS/X includes it's own iconv, and somehow you're getting a conflict
based on the software you've installed. It looks like you've compiled
against GNU libiconv (hence 'libiconv_open') but are linking against
OSX iconv (which uses plain 'iconv_open').

Hope that helps you track things. Watch what ./configure picks up when
you run it.