[postgis-users] TIGER geocoder with Census 2009 shapefiles

Paragon Corporation lr at pcorp.us
Tue Mar 2 09:10:00 PST 2010

Steve,

As mentioned, not quite completely inclusive as we forgot to include the
original sh loader scripts.

We being lazy windows bums, we just used TortoiseGit to download the files.
But other Git download tools are listed here
http://git-scm.com/tools

We apologize for the confusion in the writing in the chapter summary.
Originally we had planned to just have the enhancements we added for
download and have people download the rest from GIT themselves, but then
after writing a page or two about how to get it from GIT, we decided it was
too distracting.  So we cut that all out and included the original in the
download.

We were also thinking eventually it will be folded back into the PostGIS
source code repository, so all the GIT instructions would be obsolete by the
time the book was out anyway.

Thanks,
Leo and Regina
http://www.postgis.us