[postgis-users] Postgis: Error

Majid Kazemi Majid.Kazemi at teranet.ca
Fri Mar 5 08:34:07 PST 2010

Thanks for response.

Here are the steps:

I have installed postgres 8.3.9 on Redhat 5. Server started
successfully. Postgres database was created.

Since I need to create a spatial database, I have untar
postgis-1.5.0.tar.gz

cd postgis-1.5.0

./configure.

During the running the configure I run into a lot of issue for missing
libraries.

I have downloaded and installed geos, Proj4.6 and GTK+2. It all seems
were okay. Then I run

./configure again.

The postgis installed successfully according to screen output.

Then, I have created another database.

Psql createlang plpgsql . I was logged in as postgres.

Then I followed the following steps:

Psql -d mydb -f postgis.sql   at this step I encountered these errors.

"Current transaction is aborted, command ignored until end of
transaction block". Rollback

Thanks, Majid