[postgis-users] Make install failure in PostGIS-1.5.1

Mark Cave-Ayland mark.cave-ayland at siriusit.co.uk
Fri Mar 12 05:32:10 PST 2010

Sachin Srivastava wrote:

> Hi all,
>
> I am building postgis-1.5.1 with (proj 4.7.0, geos-3.2.0 and
> pg9.0alpha4) on linux (centos5 32 bit).
>
> make is successful, however in make install i am getting this error:
>
> /bin/sh
> /home/sachin/pgsql/lib/postgresql/pgxs/src/makefiles/../../config/install-sh
> -c -d '/home/sachin/pgsql/lib/postgresql'
> '/home/sachin/pgsql/share/postgresql/contrib/postgis-1.5'
> make[1]: /home/sachin/pgsql/share/postgresql/contrib/postgis-1.5: No
> such file or directory
> make[1]: *** [installdirs] Error 1
> make: *** [postgis-install] Error 2
>
> Anything i am missing?

Hi Sachin,

No, it's a bug :(  The PGXSOVERRIDE code to support versioned directory
installation under older versions of PostgreSQL had not been updated to
check for version 9.0 rather than 8.5. I've fixed this in SVN for both
1.5 branch and trunk, but you should be able to apply the attached patch
and then re-run "autoconf" to generate a new configure file that should
work correctly.

HTH,

Mark.

PostgreSQL - PostGIS