[postgis-users] "ERROR: could not access file "$libdir/postgis-1.5": No such file or directory"

Gissur Þórhallsson gissur at loftmyndir.is
Fri Mar 12 05:34:31 PST 2010

Hi,

I'm setting up postgis on a Ubuntu 8.0.4 LTS Server that I'm setting up.

I decided that it would be best for me build Postgis 1.5 from source so
that's what I did - starting with Postgres 8.4.2 from trunk through GEOS and
PROJ and everything went fine. I've now also compiled postgis 1.5 and was
preparing to run new_postgis_restore.pl to restore my database (migrated
from windows postgresql 8.2).

When I try to run psql postgis.sql on the database I intend to restore into
(as stipulated inside new_postgis_restore.pl) I get the following:
http://postgis.pastebin.com/TCC0yk35

Running $ldd /absolute/path/to/postgis-1.5.so returns this:
http://postgis.pastebin.com/yERz1HeY (which looks normal enough)

For further reference I enclose my pg_config output:
http://postgis.pastebin.com/6u3zfTyc
LIBDIR is set to /usr/lib in there, and my postgis-1.5.so is located
at  /usr/lib/postgresql/8.4/lib/ postgis-1.5.so

Does anybody have any ideas?

Kind regards from Iceland,
Gissur Þórhallsson

Loftmyndir ehf.