[postgis-users] GEOS intersects() threw an error!

Mike Toews mwtoews at gmail.com
Wed Mar 17 09:09:30 PDT 2010

With POSTGIS="2.0.0SVN" GEOS="3.3.0-CAPI-1.6.1" I see the error, as
you reported.

But primarily I use POSTGIS="1.3.6" GEOS="3.1.0-CAPI-1.5.0" which
gives me first an informative NOTICE followed by an ERROR:

NOTICE:  TopologyException: side location conflict -164.924 60.9199
CONTEXT:  SQL function "st_intersects" statement 1

ERROR:  GEOS intersects() threw an error!
CONTEXT:  SQL function "st_intersects" statement 1

ERROR: GEOS intersects() threw an error!
SQL state: XX000
Context: SQL function "st_intersects" statement 1

It seems this NOTICE feature has slipped out of the recent versions.

-Mike