[postgis-users] PostGIS/PostGres Configuration

Mike Toews mwtoews at gmail.com
Thu Mar 18 14:42:21 PDT 2010

Another tool that I've used is ogr2ogr:
http://www.gdal.org/ogr2ogr.html
http://www.bostongis.com/PrinterFriendly.aspx?content_name=ogr_cheatsheet

This transfers vector data from one database/file/etc to another.
There is a large list of supported database and file formats:
http://www.gdal.org/ogr/ogr_formats.html

It has tricky syntax, so often a few attempts are needed to get it
right. Also, there is an alternative to command-line:
http://www.ogr2gui.ca/

-Mike