[postgis-users] ERROR: array size exceeds the maximum allowed(134217727)

Mike Leahy mgleahy at alumni.uwaterloo.ca
Sat Mar 20 15:10:38 PDT 2010

Hey,

The query (when it works) is virtually instantaneous when I use st_memunion()
(or when I took out part of the where clause - although now I can't even get
that to work, so maybe it was just lucky).  Each of the subqueries also work
fine without any obvious problem.

To me, it seems to be a combination of things that somehow add up to this
limitation...I don't see what settings could affect the array size limit (in
postgresql.conf).  Can anyone point to a config option that might make a
difference, or maybe point to another place with settings I can tinker with?

Mike