[postgis-users] transformation discrepancy with postgis v. cs2cs

Bryan Keith bryan at ideotrope.org
Fri Mar 26 15:40:21 PDT 2010

> On 26 March 2010 12:18, Mike Toews <mwtoews at gmail.com> wrote:
>> I have an Ubuntu Hardy server with proj installed via apt-get, and
>> from source. I'm not sure if the proj package was build properly, see:
>>
>> http://packages.ubuntu.com/hardy/i386/proj/filelist
>
> Yup, there is a problem with the default PROJ library for Ubuntu:
> https://bugs.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+source/proj/+bug/368065

Mike,

Thank you for finding that.  In the above link that Mike posted was a
reference to the ubuntugis packages which include the correct grid shift
files.  Here's that link:

https://launchpad.net/~ubuntugis/+archive/ubuntugis-unstable

I followed the instructions on this page to install the proj package from
there, and now everything is working as I expect it to.

Bryan